The Top 5 Countries With The Longest Network of Railways
|Country||Amount of Railways (km)||Amount of Railways (miles)|
|226,427 kms||140,695 miles|
|2||Russia||87,157 kms||54,156 miles|
|3||China||77,834 kms||48,363 miles|
|4||India||63,327 kms||39,349 miles|
|5||Canada||46,688 kms||29,010 miles|
- There are an expected 1,115,205 kilometers (692,956 miles) of rail routes everywhere.
- Australia has the world’s longest part of straight railroad track which extends 478 kilometers across Southern Australia.
- The Indian Railway utilizes around 1.6 million individuals, making itself the second biggest business or utility boss on the planet.
- Trains can’t stop rapidly. A normal cargo train going at 100 km/h needs around 1.1 kilometers to stop. A traveler train going at 120 km/h needs around 1.6 kilometers to stop. which is identical to 14 football fields.
- Estimated in ton-miles (the development of one ton of cargo one mile), rail lines in the United States move 42% of intercity cargo, more than some other method of transportation in that country